With Christmas just around the corner London has taken on a distinctly winter feel, but the fire is lit at the club keeping members warm.
I would like to thank those of you who have already responded to the levy request that you will have received and thank you also those who have enquired about taking out a debenture. Debentures are a great way to support the club, if you have any questions about the scheme please feel free to contact us.
Still to come in November we have some great events,
- On Tuesday 19th we have the 3rd Tuesday lunch, the art visit this month will be confirmed on the day so please let us know if you would like to attend.
- Also next Tuesday is open evening so please come along and meet some prospective members over a glass of wine and dinner.
- On Thursday 21st we have book club, this month they will be discussing the classic, To Kill a Mockingbird, a coming-of-age story, an anti-racist novel, a historical drama of the Great Depression and a sublime example of the American Southern writing tradition.
- Thursday 28th is the great American holiday of Thanksgiving, we will be celebrating at the club with a traditional feast of Roast Turkey with all the trimmings followed of course by Pumpkin and Apple Pie.
- Also on Thursday 28th as part of the Women in finance series is the Said Business School panel discussion “Closing the Gender Gap – Addressing UNSDG #5 in Financial Markets” to book this event please click here.
In December we have our fantastic traditional festivities
- On Wednesday 11th we have Carols around the Christmas tree with the fabulous Mayfair Community Choir. Please join us at 6.30pm.
- Wednesday 18th is our annual Christmas feast. There are 2 sittings so that we can accommodate as many of you as we can. Lunch will be at 1pm and Dinner will be at 7.45pm. We will also be holding a free Christmas Quiz and Fizz at 6.30pm in the Library.
For more details please see the events calendar : https://www.universitywomensclub.com/events-landing/