We offer a wide range of facilities, diverse social events and reciprocal arrangements with many clubs and women’s organisations both at home and abroad. Whether you want to check your emails, indulge in a little networking, have a light lunch or delicious dinner, shower and change before an evening out or just relax with friends over a cup of speciality coffee, a glass of wine or a cocktail, this is the place to be.
The Club is in easy reach of the City, theatres, art galleries, concert halls and the exclusive shopping districts of Bond Street, Knightsbridge and Sloane Street. All of our 22 bedrooms are equipped with direct-dial telephones, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryers and irons easily accessible. All rooms are WiFi enabled.
One of the most attractive features of the Club is the diversity of its members. It has provided a London home for women lawyers, scientists, academics, doctors, business women, archaeologists, writers, politicians, musicians, and many others since 1886.
Any woman who is a university graduate, the holder of a qualification from a professional body, or who has achieved experience and distinction in her field will feel comfortable amongst her peers. Applications from Young Members and Student Members are also encouraged, and men are welcome as guests.
The Chairman holds Receptions regularly throughout the year to welcome new and prospective members. As membership applicants need to be proposed and seconded by two existing members, those applicants who do not know a member will be invited to see the premises and to meet some of the members informally. An overseas member may submit two letters of reference from people who know her in a professional or academic capacity.
Other benefits of membership:
- Many opportunities to network with other highly-qualified women.
- Low room rates for safe accommodation in prestigious Mayfair.
- Good food in an impressive setting. Entertain colleagues, customers, family or friends, or enjoy a hassle-free meal in your own company.
- Special membership promotions and discounts for local services in Mayfair.
- Bottles or cases of wine from the carefully selected Club wine list at cost plus 5%, for those special occasions.
- Interesting events covering a wide range of topics and featuring speakers with a vast wealth of experience. Past presenters include Kate Adie, Prof. Peter Atkins, Michael Dobbs, Lady Edna Healey, Miles Kington, Robert Lacey, Prue Leith, Maureen Lipman, Sue McGregor, Libby Purves, Sandi Toksvig, Sir Mark Tully, the Right Honourable Ann Widdecombe and the Right Honourable the Baroness Williams of Crosby.
- Opportunities to explore special interests with like-minded women. Activities include play reading, theatre visits, wine tasting, games and music.
- A well-stocked library of books covering a wide range of subjects, either to browse on the Club premises or to borrow for reading over a longer period.
- A wonderful setting for a relaxing few hours, alone or in company.
- A venue with no room hire charges for your private parties and functions. Catering for buffet or waitress service can be arranged.
- A warm welcome, and often accommodation at reasonable rates, in over 30 other clubs around the world with whom the Club has reciprocal arrangements.
- The Club now sells Gift Vouchers that can be used as part-payment for any Club service. These make charming and useful gifts for fellow Members.